California Ballet – Arts Outreach & Education, San Diego
California Ballet Company serves over 17,000 people in San Diego annually through Education and Community Enrichment programs.
In schools, at the theater and in the community, CBC is committed to educating the public with programs that enrich and broaden the arts experience. The company’s varied education and out/in-reach programs service schools, community organizations, and individuals from Orange County to the Inland Empire, through San Diego, and down into Northern Baja.
California Ballet Company is committed to improving lives and educating the public through the following universally accessible artistic programming.
- In the Schools: Step by Step – Popular in-school assemblies show how stories can be told using movement and music. Created for k-12.
- In the Theater: Step out to the Ballet – Field trips to see live performances at the theater.
For the Community: Sharing the Art
Sharing the Art is an umbrella program which includes several community enrichment programs:
- CBC appears regularly at libraries, St. Patrick’s Fall Festival in North Park, Art Walk, the Westgate Hotel Tree Lighting, and more.
- The program brings over 9,000 individuals to the San Diego Civic Theatre each year to experience live theater low or now cost. These attendees include LMI families, members of underserved communities, minorities and more.
- Military Night at the Ballet, which first debuted in 2010, annually provides approximately 2,600 tickets to active and retired members of the military and their families, and involves a partnership with Operation Homefront.
- Launched in June of 2015, You Can Dance provides children and adults with medical or developmental challenges the chance to take weekly dance classes at the California Ballet Studios. These classes are taught by senior faculty with an emphasis on ballet.
Judith Sharp, Education Director
4819 Ronson Ct. San Diego CA 92111
Phone 858-560-5676 ext. 124
Our Partners in Education & Education Sponsors: CLICK HERE for the full list.