Get the best seats in the house - Buy your tickets now!
CALL (858) 560-6741
The Nutcracker December 10 – 24, 2016
Choreographed by CBC Director Maxine Mahon
With the Classics Philharmonics (Dec. 10-11) and the San Diego Symphony (Dec. 16-24)
The longest running The Nutcracker in San Diego leaps onto the San Diego Civic Theatre stage! The dancing, the festive colors and the live music all come together to create the joy of this annual holiday treat.
- Enjoy carolers in the Plaza before select shows
- Meet the Sugar Plum Fairy and characters from the ballet at a party in the Grand Salon after every matinee performance.
- With the Classics Philharmonic (Dec. 10-11) and the San Diego Symphony (Dec. 16-24)
Ballet is meant for everyone!
We’re opening our doors to bring live theater to as many people in San Diego as possible, and enrich the quality of life throughout our community.
Sharing the Art
A limited number of donated tickets for specific groups are available at select performances:
Celebrating Life - Sunday, December 11, 2016: children and adults with life threatening illnesses and their families
Military Night at The Nutcracker - Wednesday, December 21, 2016: This performance includes special pre-show festivities such as a color guard, the National Anthem sung live, and a military band in the Civic Center Plaza. Attendees in uniform will receive a complimentary dessert voucher.
NEW: Nutcracker Connect
We’ve created UNIQUE ticketed performances which target specific audiences:
El Cascanueces - Thursday, December 22, 2016: individuals from Spanish speaking Low to Moderate Income communities in San Diego and Tijuana.
We are also excited to announce that this year we are welcoming more people to The Nutcracker with two unique performances targeted for specific audiences:
- Autism-Friendly - Saturday, December 10, 2016: the first professional Autism-Friendly The Nutcracker on the West Coast. www.californiaballet.org/autism-friendly-nutcracker
- Toddler-Friendly - Wednesday, December 21, 2016: Open to toddlers under the age of 4 years old, and their families. This special presentation includes a Ballerina Photo Booth and Complimentary Valet Stroller Parking. www.californiaballet.org/toddler-friendly-nutcracker
Peter Pan March 4 – 5, 2017
Created by world renowned choreographer Septime Webre
Second star to the right . . . California Ballet soars into the San Diego Civic Theatre with the West Coast Premiere of Septime Webre’s Peter Pan. Watch enthralled as Peter teaches the Darling children how to fly, and follow them to Neverland where adventures abound with Captain Hook, Tinker Bell and the Lost Boys. This dazzling, swashbuckling coming of age tale will captivate you with a delightful mix of classical dance, slapstick, and aerial ballet.
Don’t miss this season's productions! Call 858-560-6741 for your tickets!